31 January 2010

A Little Member Connection Time On Ancestry.ca

Every so often, I like to search for other members on Ancestry's genealogy site. Today, I looked up those that would be connected to the Shelly and Teeft surnames as part of the sixteen branches of my family tree. I came up with a number of matches. Here they are in no particular order:
  1. Mitchell Family Tree by [purpleblackfish] - The owner has a new addition to my family tree, Annie Shelly (1831-1904) who was the daughter of Francis Shelly (1800-1865) and Mary Overholt (1803-1891). She married Nathaniel Piper (1828-1908). I knew that there were a couple of daughters I might not have had on my tree. About a month ago, one of the Piper's contacted me and had a picture that was the same as a picture I had of Anna Shelly (missing the other half that had Nathaniel Piper on it).
  2. Svetina Family Tree by [BelovedSaint] - The owner is concerned with the South Dakota Shelly's - the issue of Francis Shelly (1833-1908), son of Francis and Mary (Overholt) Shelly, and Rebeca Sherk (1839-1914), the daughter of Jacob Sherk (1815-1900) and Salome Rudt (1820-1872).
  3. Taylor Family Tree by [spyderpain] - Obviously the amateur tree of one of my Great Aunt Violet's children, it has numerous inaccuracies. I know their mother would be shocked and appalled at the mistakes - many of which she would be able to correct herself. Yes, this is a public display of shame. It just shows you that you really need to check sources before taking another person's tree as the truth!
  4. Boatright Family Tree by Eunice Boatright - I have contacted Eunice on a number of occasions. She is researching the Deming's as well, as father's branch of the family were the Vermont Deming's. Not very closely related, but her tree is flawless.
  5. Piper Family Tree by Mark G. Piper - This is the gentleman who provided valuable research and truth to the fact that I had not completed the entire Shelly Family Tree. He is the great great grandson of Levi (1820-1850) and Martha Amanda Horton (1820-1850) Piper, the brother of Anna Shelly's (1831-1894) husband, Nathaniel Piper (1828-1908). Interestingly, he has Anna as being the daughter of Jacob Shelly (1829-1893) and Eliza Jane Cudney (1829-1893). I have to make sure I comment on this for him.
  6. Stallard Family Tree by [meshakim] Stallard-Hakim - The lady who posted this tree is the great great great granddaughter of Jacob Shelly (1825-1893) and Elizabeth Jane Cudney (1834-1883). Jacob is the son of Francis and Mary (Overholt) Shelly.
  7. Tobin Family Tree by [ladydawg96] - She is the great great great great granddaughter of Jacob and Rebecca (Sherk) Shelly.

I think that's it for today. I haven't any news on the research front. Somedays, it comes in hoards of research opportunities, and others, I have to just take the day off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment