23 January 2010

The Thompson Branch

So, I have been working on developing a simple, graphic family tree that I can take with me to remind me of the progression and pedigree of my 16 branches of my family tree. The actual family tree is quickly approaching 9 000 individuals, and I really need something that I can pull out and refer to when in the midst of research. I never thought the tree would get so large so fast!
Anyway, as I was progressing through my father's side, I realized I had done very little research on the Thompson's. I guess I should have known that when, at Bayfest in Port Rowan, Ontario, my mother introduced me to a Thompson relative. I had no idea how she was related to me. I really don't like not knowing ... well anything, really. So, now I have turned my attention to developing the branch.Granted, I really should be working on my mother's family tree book, but I just can't get into it. I'm not in the right frame of mind to begin writing another book, especially when there seems to be so many unfinished business and unanswered questions. Therefore, off I go to research a branch that has withered under my care. A little time and attention will have it growing in no time!
Note: Pictured above are my great grandmother, Hazel V. (White) Smith, and her parents, Ada (Thompson) and Hezekiah S. White.

0 comments:

Post a Comment