01 May 2010

The Al Feere Comment

Back in January, the 25th and 26th to be exact, I wrote about one of the mysteries that I love to investigate as part of my family tree. It concerns two boys, Walter and Francis Feere, who were taken in by my 2x great grandfather, James Edward Mudford and his second wife, Ellen Jane (Robertson). They showed up in the 1911 Census of South Walsingham Township, Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada, with Edward and Jane, then again with my 3x great Uncle, Austin W. Mudford in Maple Creek, Saskatchewan. I had sort of solved it on the documentation front, and had begun to try to contact descendants of either of the two boys.
My first avenue was to mail a letter to Reverand Alan Feere of Stoney Creek. A couple of weeks ago, the letter was returned. I thought that my chances of making a connection had failed and I was doomed to not know the Feere side of the story. Last night, I checked on my Blogger dashboard, and lo' and behold, there was a comment from Al Feere from 22 March 2010! I quickly fired-off a heart-felt rebut with the hope that Al Feere would contact me. As of yet, not return, but I am ever-hopeful!
As for other avenues, there seems to be some Feere's that live around my home county of Norfolk. Maybe they would be an avenue I could follow. If any of you out there have any ideas, let me know!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just doing some googling and came across this letter. I am Wade Feere. Alan is my brother. I am originally from Port Dover/Simcoe (Norfolk) but am now living in Brantford. I know Alan has done a bit of family tree stuff as of late. Not sure if I can help but feel free to drop me a line.

Wade

wfeere@hotmail.com

Post a Comment